Do the 2016 Kia Soul Base Standard Features Compare to the Honda Fit?
West Michigan compact drivers are choosing the 2017 Honda Fit over the 2016 Kia Soul Base for its ample set of standard features that would cost extra on the Kia Soul or in some cases, aren’t even available. Both cars are capable compacts that offer drivers a sporty driving experience, but let’s take a closer look at what sets the two apart.
Efficiency and Power
The Honda Fit comes equipped with a 1.5L I4 engine that can pump out 130 hp while the Kia Soul has a 1.6L I4 that puts out the same horsepower. Looking at the fuel economy, the Fit LX CVT gets a whopping EPA-estimated 33 city/40 hwy/36 combined mpg,* blowing away the Soul’s measly 24 city/30 hwy/26 combined mpg rating. With a lower MSRP than the Kia, the Fit can save you even more money in the long run at the gas pump.
Where the Fit really shines is in the standard equipment that it comes with. The Fit boasts features that can’t be found in the base model of the Soul such as:
- Automatic transmission: Easy operation is yours with the standard automatic configuration found in the Fit.
- Cruise control: Set your speed on the open road and let the system automatically accelerate or decelerate to maintain it.
- Rearview camera: Get an extra set of eyes where you need them when navigating out of crowded parking lots.
- Multi-function remote: Keyless entry and remote start is yours with this handy, portable remote.
- Second-row split bench seat: Add customizable comfort for your passengers with a 60/40-split folding seat with adjustable headrests.
- CD player: Gives you the option to enjoy music from your favorite CDs and protect your entertainment system with the included stereo anti-theft system.
- Cargo: Need some additional space for your gear? Just use the seatback and under-seat storage.
- Vehicle theft-deterrent system: This system immobilizes the vehicle when improper entry and use is detected.
- Automatic headlights: Shine light on your situation automatically with headlights that turn on when darker conditions are detected.
Get a Feel for the Honda Fit
Compare the 2017 Honda Fit for yourself and then head into any West Michigan Honda Dealer for a test drive to get a real hands-on feel for why so many drivers are choosing the 2017 Honda Fit over the competition.
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.