Drive Confidently with the 2017 Honda Ridgeline Safety Features
The 2017 Honda Ridgeline has wowed drivers with some of the most advanced active safety features of any truck in the segment. Equipped standard on all seven Ridgeline trims are these amazing safety systems:
- Vehicle Stability Assist: Regulates engine output and applies the brakes automatically to stabilize the vehicle in over and over-turn situations.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: Releases the brake pressure when possible locking is detected.
- Electronic Brake Distribution: Varies force between each in order to maximize stopping power in difficult conditions.
- Brake Assist: Boosts the braking power when emergency braking is detected.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Shows you what you’re missing when in reverse. A dynamic version with added capability is equipped on the RTL-T, RTL-E, and Black Edition trims.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Detects when a tire is over- or under-inflated and signals the driver.
- Daytime Running Lights: Makes your vehicle more visible when the car is in drive. LED running lights come on the RTL-T, RTL-E, and Black Edition models.
There are more safety features at play in the event of an accident than what you see. All 2017 Honda Ridgeline models have the following passive safety components:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering: Honda’s signature ACE body structure adds protection and increased crash compatibility.
- Dual-Stage Multiple Threshold Front Airbags: Depending on the severity of the crash, airbags will deploy at varied speeds to prevent head and chest injuries.
- SmartVent Front Side Airbags: In the event of a side impact collision, these airbags deploy and inflate quickly.
- Side curtain airbags with rollover sensor: These airbags, installed above the windows, further protect passengers in the event of a rollover accident.
- Three-point seat belts: Every seat is equipped with three-point seat belts. The front belts utilize an automatic tensioning system that always keep the belts firm in the event of adverse conditions.
- Child-proof rear door locks: Keeps children from accidentally exiting the vehicle.
- Lower anchors/tethers for children: The LATCH system makes car seat installation easy to keep smaller passengers safe.
The modern driving age has brought on advancements in systems that enhance a driver’s perception and control. The RTL-T model comes equipped with Honda’s LaneWatch system, which gives the driver a wider view of the roadway on the passenger’s side through the center navigation display whenever the driver signals a right turn. The advanced LaneWatch system also extends the driver’s view to the elusive blind spot.
The most advanced driver-assist technologies are available in the RTL-E and Black Edition:
- Lane Keeping Assist: Mild steering torque is applied when a driver drifts outside of the detected lane markings.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Cruising speed is adjusted when a slower vehicle is detected in front of the Ridgeline.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights: No need to turn your high beams off when a car moves in your path with this system.
- Blind Spot Information System: Gives the driver a heads-up when objects or vehicles are detected in their blind spot or on the sides of the vehicle when in reverse.