Honda’s Safest Cars in West Michigan
These features have helped recent Honda models earn safety awards from the government’s NHTSA safety tests. The suite of Honda Sensing features takes car safety to a new level with amenities like:
Collision mitigation braking
Forward collision warning
Adaptive cruise control
Lane departure warning
Lane keeping assist
These advanced features help keep a driver’s focus on the road and can serve as an extra set of eyes to alert you to a possible accident.
Perhaps the two most famous Honda vehicles are cars, and they have always been some of the safest cars on in the auto world. The 2016 Honda Civic and 2016 Honda Accord have access to some of the most advanced safety technologies, and it shows with the awards they have brought home:
- The 2016 Honda Accord Coupe and Sedan have both earned 2016 Top Safety Pick+ awards from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety when equipped with Honda Sensing safety features.*
- The Accord Coupe and Sedan both also earned 5-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.**
- The 2016 Honda Civic is still waiting on results from the NHTSA and the IIHS, but the preceding model year took home its fair share of safety accolades, including a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating from the NHTSA.**
Both of these cars have Honda Sensing features available at every trim level, letting drivers have the peace of mind of those advanced safety technologies without requiring any trim level upgrades.
There’s just one Honda minivan, but it has been and continues to be one of the safest cars for West Michigan families. The 2016 Honda Odyssey is available in six different trim levels, allowing drivers to choose from a wide range of connectivity and comfort technologies—as well as some of the advanced safety tech features we mentioned above.
Available features like forward collision warning and Honda’s LaneWatch blind-spot warning system combine with classic safety amenities like three-point seat belts and smart airbags to bring home some top safety awards.
- The 2016 Honda Odyssey was named a 2016 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety when equipped with the minivan’s available forward collision warning system.***
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the 2016 Odyssey their highest rating, a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating,** for its performance in crash tests.
Like the cars and the crossovers, the 2016 Odyssey also comes equipped with a standard rear camera with guidelines to help make backing up and parallel parking easier.
*The 2016 Accord Sedan with Honda Sensing™, the 2016 Accord Coupe with Honda Sensing™, the 2016 Pilot with Honda Sensing™, and the 2016 CR-V Touring have been awarded the coveted 2016 TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in recognition of their superior crash safety performance.
**Safety matters most, and the 2016 CR-V, Accord, Fit, Odyssey and HR-V earned top marks with a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).
***The following 2016 models have been awarded an esteemed TOP SAFETY PICK rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in recognition of their excellent safety performance: Accord Sedan, Accord Coupe, CR-V, Pilot, and Odyssey.