Are the 2015 Dodge Dart MPG Numbers Good Enough?
When West Michigan drivers shop for a new small car, we know that affordability is on the mind, but do the 2015 Dodge Dart SE mpg ratings score high enough to warrant driving one home? We compare the Dart SE to one of its top competitors, the 2015 Honda Civic LX with CVT, to see if the Dart is worth it for our drivers.
Honda Builds On Decades of Fuel Efficiency
The Dart has come a long way in recent years, but we think that when you compare its basic SE trim to the competing Civic LX with CVT, you can see that the Dodge sedan has a ways to go:
- The 2015 Dodge Dart SE has a 2.0L four-cylinder engine rated at 36 highway and 25 city mpg, earning 29 mpg combined city/highway.
- The 2015 Honda Civic LX Sedan with continuously variable transmission has a 1.8L four-cylinder with an EPA-estimated 39 highway and 30 city mpg, for a total of 33 mpg combined city/highway.*
If fuel economy is your main reason for shopping for a new small car, the Civic LX CVT has a pretty significant advantage.
Now Focus on the Features
Of course, many drivers want more out of their car than a high fuel economy, and Honda delivers on the features as well. You can find amenities like these on every entry-level 2015 Honda Civic LX Sedan:
- Bluetooth for both phone and audio
- Touchscreen infotainment system
- Rearview camera with guidelines
- Steering wheel-mounted controls
- SMS text to speech capabilities
- Pandora internet radio compatibility
The Dart does have many features that are similar to these, but they require upgrades past its SE trim level, adding more onto the Dodge sedan’s bottom line.
Find Your Civic Today
The 2015 Dodge Dart SE mpg numbers and features both pale in comparison to the 2015 Honda Civic LX Sedan with CVT, but we want to show you how great the Civic is in its own right. Visit a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you today to get behind the wheel of the Civic for yourself. And remember, if you want something with the Civic’s practicality yet ready for the track, check out the Civic Si Sedan or Coupe.