When shopping for a new crossover in the West Michigan area, drivers have quite a variety to choose from. We think it’s important that you take a look at the 2015 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD mpg ratings before deciding to drive it home, however. We compared Toyota’s crossover to the entry-level 2015 Honda CR-V 2WD LX to see which one had more to offer out drivers, and we think you’ll be excited to see the results.
A More Powerful, More Efficient Engine?
If you ask the average driver, many of them will be convinced that you have to choose between power or fuel economy in an engine, and the truth is that this is mostly correct. But sometimes some auto engineers build an engine that’s just better than its competitors, with higher power, torque, and fuel economy.
The 2015 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD mpg ratings, horsepower, and torque all come in below the CR-V 2WD LX:
- The 2015 Toyota RAV4 FWD sports a 2.5L four-cylinder powertrain rated at 176 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque while scoring 31 highway mpg and 24 city mpg (26 mpg combined).
- A 2.4L four-cylinder is under the hood of each 2015 Honda CR-V 2WD LX, capable of up to 185 hp and as much as 181 lb-ft of torque. It’s also more efficient than the Toyota, earning an EPA-estimated 34 highway mpg and 27 city mpg (29 mpg combined).*
The CR-V is bout more than simply its engine, however. In addition to a wide range of standard and available tech and comfort features, it puts safety at a priority.
Honda Advances Safety Technology
Honda’s reputation for safety goes back as far as their reputation for fuel efficiency, and you can see it in the 2015 CR-V 2WD LX’s NHTSA safety tests:
- Side Pole Crash Safety Rating (CR-V earned 5 stars to the RAV4’s 4)
- Front Driver Crash Test (CR-V earned 5 stars to the RAV4’s 4)
- Front Passenger Crash Test (CR-V earned 4 stars to the RAV4’s 3)
Test Drive a CR-V
Honda’s crossover takes the lead on power and safety; let us show you just how comfortable it is behind the wheel. Visit a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you today to take a test drive of the CR-V. We’ll help you find the right trim level for your needs and budget.