Does the 2016 Ford Fusion Horsepower Compare?
It certainly has a unique look, but the 2016 Ford Fusion S horsepower doesn’t quite match up to the Aston Martin front end it’s borrowing. When you compare Ford’s mid-size sedan to a competitor like the 2016 Honda Accord LX, we think you’ll see that the Fusion S isn’t just short on power – it’s short on features and fuel economy as well.
Drivers Get More in a Honda
As far as the engines are concerned, the Accord LX bests the Fusion S on more than just horsepower:
- The 2016 Ford Fusion S features a 2.5L four-cylinder engine with 175 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque, earning 34 highway and 22 city mpg.
- The 2016 Honda Accord LX with CVT has a 2.4L four-cylinder with 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque, however, and it earns an EPA-estimated 37 highway and 27 city mpg.*
Honda clearly has the edge on power and fuel economy, but that’s just the start. The Accord LX has the following features as standard, all of which either require an upgrade or are unavailable on the 2016 Ford Fusion S:
- Multi-view rear camera: The Accord offers three different views when backing up; just shift into reverse and have access to wide-angle, standard, and top-down views.
- Automatic dual-zone climate control: Set the Accord to the comfort level you and your passengers want, and let it do the rest to keep you comfortable.
- Daytime running lights: Standard daytime running lights help make the Accord more visible during the day and can increase the likelihood of another driver seeing you and preventing a collision.
There’s also one significant feature of the Accord that you’ll find on EX and higher trim levels that we think is worth mentioning. The Accord EX adds on a 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio interface that features amenities for seamless connectivity with your smartphone.
Feel the Power of the Accord
While it does just offer a slight edge over the 2016 Ford Fusion S horsepower, the Accord LX does have the advantage. Let us show you how comfortable the new 2016 Honda Accord is on even the entry-level LX trim – and if you really want a powerful mid-size sedan, the EX-L and Touring trims are available with a 3.5L V6 engine.
Visit a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you today to experience the new Accord for yourself.