We Compare the 2016 Honda Accord Passenger Volume to Competitors
The 2016 Honda Accord passenger volume is what makes it one of the most popular family sedans in West Michigan, but just how spacious is it? We compared the Accord’s interior space to competitors to give you an idea of how much extra space you and your family will have when heading to the grandparents’ house for the holidays or when the kids are fighting over who is in whose space in the backseat.
The midsize car world is pretty diverse, so we’re only focusing on the Accord’s fiercest competitors for this comparison.
Offering More Space Than Chevy, Chrysler, Toyota, and More
We put the Accord up against six of the top midsize sedans, and while some of these vehicles certainly come close to the Honda in space, none of them give you as much passenger space as the Accord Sedan. Take a look:
- 2016 Chevy Malibu L models have 100.0 cubic feet of passenger room with enough space for 15.8 cubic feet of cargo.
- A 2016 Chrysler 200 LX will certainly look much slicker and smoother than the old Chrysler 200, but it’s a bit small as well with just 101.4 cubic feet of passenger room.
- The interior of the 2016 Ford Fusion S FWD offers seating for as many as five people, but even its spacious 102.8 cubic feet of passenger room is outdone by the Honda.
- A 2016 Toyota Camry LE comes close to the Accord but still falls short at 102.7 cubic feet of passenger space with trunk space for 15.4 cubic feet of luggage.
- The 2016 Nissan Altima 2.5 seats five in its 101.9 cubic feet of passenger space, and its trunk only holds 15.4 cubic feet of cargo in its trunk.
- Each 2016 Subaru Impreza 2.0i sedan has just 96.9 cubic feet of passenger space and manages just 12.0 cubic feet of cargo room in the trunk.
- For comparison, the 2016 Honda Accord passenger volume on the LX Sedan comes in at 103.2 cubic feet, and the trunk holds 15.8 cubic feet of gear.
Spacious and Well-Equipped
If you’re having trouble making one of the close calls on interior space, we want you to know that there’s more to the 2016 Honda Accord than its passenger volume. Standard features on the LX trim level include:
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink for phone and audio
- Color LCD display screen
- Multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines
- Steering wheel–mounted phone, audio, and cruise controls
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Projector-beam halogen headlights
With six trims to choose from, we think you’ll have no trouble finding an Accord that fits your needs.
Test Drive an Accord
While it’s easy to look at the numbers above and see that the 2016 Honda Accord passenger space beats these six competing sedans, it’s best to feel it. Visit a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you today to sit in the driver’s seat of a new Accord and feel how welcoming its 103.2 cubic feet of passenger space can be.
In addition to the sedan, we also have the 2016 Honda Accord Coupe in stock. Trade just a little bit of that interior space for the head-turning two-door style of a midsize coupe.
West Michigan Honda Dealers includes Battle Creek Honda, Betten Honda, Crown Honda, Fox Honda, River Town Honda, and Zeigler Honda.