The 2016 Honda Civic Interior Space Gives Room to Stretch Out
If you assume the 2016 Honda Civic interior space to be small and cramped, you only have the Civic’s competitors to thank for that. While competing small cars often make poor use of their size, the Civic has been one of the most spacious vehicles in its class for years.
We think the best way to see the spacious interior of a Civic is to get behind the driver’s seat and take it for a spin, but we also have the interior dimensions and specs so you can compare it to the competition.
How Does the Competition Compare on Passenger Volume?
One of the easiest ways to measure just how roomy a small car is is to look at the total passenger volume. We’ll be comparing the Civic to other five-passenger cars to keep things on an even playing field.
- The 2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan has 97.8 cubic feet of passenger space, with 15.1 cubic feet of space in the trunk so you can keep the cabin clear for people.
- The 2016 Toyota Corolla comes close to the Civic at 97.5 cubic feet of passenger space and 13.0 cubic feet of trunk space, but the smaller trunk means cargo might find its way into the cabin, which is already smaller than the Civic’s.
- The 2016 Dodge Dart has 97.2 cubic feet of passenger space and just 13.2 cubic feet of trunk space.
- Each 2016 Subaru Impreza is designed with 96.9 cubic feet of passenger space and 12.0 cubic feet of trunk space.
- Each 2016 Kia Forte has 96.2 cubic feet of passenger volume at 14.9 cubic feet of cargo storage in the trunk.
- A 2016 Nissan Sentra has 95.9 cubic feet of passenger volume and 15.1 cubic feet of trunk volume.
- A 2016 Hyundai Elantra comes with 95.6 cubic feet of passenger room and 14.8 cubic feet of trunk space.
- The 2016 Chevy Cruze Limited has 94.6 cubic feet of passenger room and 15.0 cubic feet of cargo storage.
- The 2016 VW Jetta has just 94.1 cubic feet of passenger space available.
- The 2016 Ford Focus seats five, but it only has 90.7 cubic feet of passenger volume, and its trunk just holds 13.2 cubic feet of cargo.
Let Rear Passengers Get Comfy in a Civic
It used to be that small cars typically only had room for two average-sized adults in the rear, but that’s changing with vehicles like the Civic that grant new levels of rear legroom.
- The 2016 Honda Civic has 37.4 inches of rear legroom.
- The 2016 Kia Forte has 35.9 inches of rear legroom.
- The smaller size of the 2016 Chevy Cruze Limited yields less passenger space with 35.4 inches of rear legroom.
- The 2016 Subaru Impreza sedan has only 35.4 inches of rear legroom.
- The 2016 Dart has only 35.2 inches of rear legroom, coming close to the Civic but still falling short.
- The 2016 Ford Focus shrinks even further, allowing just 33.2 inches of legroom for rear passengers.
- A 2016 Hyundai Elantra has just 33.1 inches of rear legroom.
Test Drive a Civic Today
The 2016 Honda Civic interior space should really be experienced firsthand, and we can help. Visit a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you today and we can put you behind the wheel of a 2016 Honda Civic. You’ll see what 97.8 cubic feet of passenger space really feels like.
West Michigan Honda Dealers includes Battle Creek Honda, Betten Honda, Crown Honda, Fox Honda, River Town Honda, and Zeigler Honda.