The Versatile 2016 Honda Fit Storage Space
The 2016 Honda Fit storage space makes it one of the most competitive hatchbacks on the road today, giving West Michigan drivers a sporty and practical subcompact car. The best way to see a Fit is from the driver’s seat, but we think it might be easiest for you to understand just how much room is inside Honda’s hatchback if you look at its specs and compare them to a handful of competitors.
We’ve put the Fit up against competitors before, like in our 2016 Chevy Spark features review, but for now we are just looking at the one spec that will matter the most if it comes up short at the wrong time: interior space.
It might not seem like the storage space of your next car will matter much when you buy it, but when you try to pack up for a road trip or need to take your bikes somewhere, every cubic foot matters.
This is what the competitors have to offer:
- 2016 Chevy Spark models are technically minicars, giving them one of the smallest cargo spaces of the lot with 11.1 cubic feet of cargo space that expands to 27.2 cubic feet. It also lacks under-seat storage.
- Thinking about the 2016 Ford Fiesta? This hatchback has 14.9 cubic feet of cargo room that can expand to 25.4 cubic feet. It has no under-seat storage, and our 2016 Fiesta review shows that it falls behind in other key ares, like safety.
- The 2016 Hyundai Accent sedan has quite a small trunk, but even looking at the hatchback only boosts the cargo space up to a maximum of 47.5 cubic feet with no under-seat storage space.
- 2016 Kia Rio hatchbacks have 15.0 cubic feet of cargo storage space that can expand to 49.8 cubic feet, but if you need more, you’ll be filling the passenger seat, as there’s no under-seat storage either.
- A 2016 Mazda3 hatchback gives you up to 47.1 cubic feet of cargo room, putting it much lower than many of the competitors, including the Fit; it also has no under-seat storage.
- The 2016 Nissan Versa Note has 18.8 cubic feet of cargo room, and if you fold the rear seat all the way down, it yields up to 38.3 cubic feet with no under-seat storage.
- The 2016 Toyota Yaris hatchback requires you to fold down the rear seat to get more than its standard 15.6 cubic feet of cargo room and also has no under-seat storage space.
Now that we’ve seen the competitors, how does the Fit measure up? The 2016 Honda Fit storage space has a max cargo volume of 52.7 cubic feet with a standard cargo space of 16.6 cubic feet. The Honda Magic Seat allows you to fold down part or all of the rear seat or fold it up to accommodate larger cargo.
Test Drive a Fit
The 2016 Honda Fit storage space is just one of its advantages; let us show you what else it’s capable of with a test drive at a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you.
West Michigan Honda Dealers includes Battle Creek Honda, Betten Honda, Crown Honda, Fox Honda, River Town Honda, and Zeigler Honda.