The 2016 Honda HR-V MPG Ratings Set it Apart
What would you say if we told you that you could drive a crossover that earns as much as 35 mpg on the highway? Just a few years ago, that might sound impossible, but now that the 2016 Honda HR-V mpg ratings are in, it’s clear that you can have a sporty, fun, and powerful crossover without compromising on fuel economy.
A Fuel-Efficient Crossover
The compact nature of the HR-V hopefully gave you an inkling that it might be a bit more efficient than many of its competitors, but we think you’ll be surprised at the fuel economy that comes with this 141-hp four-cylinder powertrain:
- The 2016 Honda HR-V 2WD LX with six-speed manual transmission has earned an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 34 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg in the city.*
- Stepping up to the available CVT brings the HR-V to new heights of efficiency. The 2016 HR-V 2WD LX CVT has earned an EPA-estimated 35 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg in the city.*
- If you opt for Honda’s Real Time All-Wheel Drive, you’ll still have a remarkably efficient crossover: 2016 Honda HR-V AWD LX (with CVT) earns an EPA-estimated 32 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg in the city.*
When it comes to fuel efficiency, there are a few different factors that can make a vehicle more or less efficient, with advantages that come with the decreases in efficiency.
- Manual transmission: While the HR-V models with the manual transmission are just a bit less efficient than the CVT models, you’ll enjoy the familiarity and control of a stick shift, if that’s what you prefer.
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT): This new style of automatic transmission is able to optimize its gear ratios for a given scenario to help maximize efficiency.
- All-Wheel Drive: In exchange for a small decrease in fuel economy, you can have peace of mind on slick or uneven terrain. When Honda Real Time All-Wheel Drive detects a loss of traction, it sends some of the available 127 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels to help keep you on the pavement.
Test Drive an HR-V Today
The 2016 Honda HR-V mpg ratings are just a piece of a much larger pie, and we want to show you why it’s such a popular little crossover. Contact a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you and take a test drive of the new HR-V today.