Drivers shopping for a new family vehicle in West Michigan will have different priorities, but we think passenger space is probably at the top of the list. After all, it’s important to have room for family and friends in a family vehicle, and the 2016 Honda Odyssey interior space leaves many of its competitors looking cramped. We want to look at the passenger and cargo space of the Odyssey to show you what makes it one of the best family cars on the road.
The 2016 Honda Odyssey interior space can seat as many as eight passengers, but as other minivans have shown, having eight seats doesn’t mean a comfy ride for eight passengers. Thankfully, the Odyssey has 172.6 cubic feet of passenger space. These other minivans aren’t so roomy:
- The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is new to the market, but it’s smaller than its Town & Country predecessor with just 140.5 cubic feet of passenger space and seating for seven.
- An entry-level 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan has 163.5 cubic feet of passenger space with seating for seven passengers.
- The 2016 Kia Sedona comes closest to the Odyssey with 172.3 cubic feet of passenger space with its seven-passenger seating, but it falls short in cargo space (below) and features.
- 2016 Toyota Sienna models have seating for seven passengers but only 164.4 cubic feet of passenger space.
You’re not always going to have those seats filled with friends or family, and it’s important for any minivan to be able to haul cargo, whether it’s helping a friend move or shipping one of the kids off to college. The 2016 Honda Odyssey LX has a max cargo volume of 148.5 cubic feet, but these four competitors lag behind.
- Not only does the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica offer less passenger space, it has less overall cargo room as well with just 140.5 cubic feet. Since it’s new on the market, be sure to read our 2017 Chrysler Pacifica review to see all of the differences.
- 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan models have 143.8 cubic feet of max storage space, a difference you’ll notice when trying to make all of your son or daughter’s stuff fit into the back on the way to college.
- The 2016 Kia Sedona L might have come close in passenger space, but it loses on cargo volume with just 142.0 cubic feet.
- While the 2016 Nissan Quest S offers comparable passenger space to the Odyssey, its cargo volume is restrictive, as only the third row folds down for just 108.4 cubic feet of cargo room.
Test Drive an Odyssey
We think that comparing the numbers is necessary when looking at the 2016 Honda Odyssey interior space, but at the same time, we’ve noticed that many drivers have a better understanding of just how roomy this minivan is once they get behind the wheel. Visit a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you today to take a test drive of the Odyssey and feel how welcoming its cabin is.
We can’t wait to put you behind the wheel.