The 2016 Kia Soul price might seem appealing at $15,900 MSRP for the base model, but would you believe there’s a comparably priced competitor in West Michigan? The 2016 Honda Fit is available now at a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you, and LX 6MT models are priced at just $15,890 MSRP.*
We know that’s barely a difference in the world of car prices, but what would you say if we told you that drivers would more in the way of amenities in a Honda Fit? And what if we also told you that the Fit was remarkably more fuel efficient? Read on to see the differences.
We want to start with the fuel efficiency, as any driver looking at the 2016 Kia Soul price should also be looking at its fuel economy. While the Kia might be priced similarly to the Fit, the fuel efficiencies make it clear which car will cost more in the long run:
- 2016 Honda Fit LX CVT models earn an EPA-estimated 41 mpg on the highway and 33 mpg in the city.**
- 2016 Kia Soul models, however, only manage 30 highway mpg and 24 mpg in the city.
You might expect a drastic difference in the engine specs for these hatchbacks, given the fuel economy, and yet they both have a 130-hp 4-cylinder powering them. It’s just the light and sporty design that gives the Fit an edge over the 2016 Kia Soul mpg.
Honda’s Standard Features
Fuel economy and price are two of the Fit’s many strengths—we break them all down in our 2016 Kia Soul review—but we think it’s the Fit’s standard features that make the biggest difference.
- The Honda-exclusive Magic Seat offers a 60/40-split folding rear seatback that allows for fast and easy expansion of the cargo area.
- A multi-angle rearview camera comes standard on the Honda amenities while Kia requires an upgrade for even a single-view camera.
- The Fit has a 5-inch LCD display screen while the Soul requires an upgrade for a color display.
- Cruise control and other essential amenities come standard on the Fit LX CVT while the Soul necessitates an upgrade for it.
Test Drive a Honda
Now that you’ve seen some of the differences between the two hatchbacks, let us show you in person all that the Fit has to offer that you won’t find included on the 2016 Kia Soul price. Visit a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you for a test drive today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.
**Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition (for hybrids), and other factors.