The streets of West Michigan are practically flooded with new sedans, but they need something more than their newness to earn a place in your garage. Do the 2016 Toyota Camry LE features offer enough for the average driver, or would you be better off with a new 2016 Honda Accord LX, available now in our new vehicle lineup?
Both of these entry-level sedans are well-equipped, but we think that once you see the standard and available amenities on the Accord, you’ll know which is right for you.
Honda Builds Efficient and Well-Equipped Cars
Before we touch on the features, we know that many of our readers might be wondering if the new Accord stays in line with Honda’s stellar reputation for building fuel efficient vehicles. See for yourself:
- The 2016 Toyota Camry LE has a four-cylinder engine with 35 highway and 25 city mpg.
- Drivers of the 2016 Honda Accord LX with continuously variable transmission will enjoy an EPA-estimated 37 highway and 27 city mpg,* an improvement over the 2015 model.
Of course, fuel economy is only a part of the picture. Can the 2016 Toyota Camry LE feature compare to the 2016 Accord’s base LX trim? They have a fair amount in common, but there are two differences worth pointing out:
- Comfort: When it comes to keeping you and your passengers comfortable, the Accord LX has dual-zone automatic climate control; just let the car do the work. The Camry LE’s manual climate control settings mean constantly adjusting until everyone gets comfy.The Camry LE’s climate control needs to be adjusted manually while the Accord LX has standard dual-zone automatic climate control
- Safety: Most automakers now have a rearview camera as standard on their vehicles, Toyota included, but while the Camry LE has a single view of what’s behind it, the Accord LX has a standard multi-angle camera. In addition to the single view, the Accord features a wide-angle and a top-down view for added security.
- Safety Upgrades: Honda also has their new Honda Sensing safety package that adds on features like adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, collision mitigation braking, and more, available on every trim of the Accord. The Camry LE doesn’t have anything comparable to Honda Sensing.
See the Accord for Yourself
The best way experience the Accord is from behind the wheel. Visit a West Michigan Honda Dealer near you today to see everything it has to offer firsthand.