The SUV and crossover market has become hugely competitive in recent years, as American drivers increasingly turn to these roomy and versatile vehicles to find the ideal middle ground between a car and a minivan.
As drivers browse among entries in the popular SUV market, they may have wondered how the 2016 Toyota Highlander price measures up to its competitors. Does the Highlander offer top value for the money—or does a popular rival like the 2016 Honda Pilot provide more bang for the consumer buck?
Keep reading, and we’ll explore the pricing and features of the Pilot and the Highlander side by side.
In comparing the price points of the Honda Pilot and the Toyota Highlander, the Highlander starts out a few hundred dollars more expensive than the Pilot. In terms of what drivers will get for the money, the gap between these two rivals becomes much wider.
The 2016 Pilot lineup includes the following trim levels and prices:
- Honda Pilot LX: $30,145 MSRP (for 2WD models)*
- Honda Pilot EX: $32,580 MSRP (for 2WD models)*
- Honda Pilot EX-L: $36,055 MSRP (for 2WD models)*
- Honda Pilot Touring: $41,170 MSRP (for 2WD models)*
- Honda Pilot Elite: $46,570 MSRP*
The Toyota Highlander trim levels and prices are as follows:
- Toyota Highlander LE: $30,490 MSRP
- Toyota Highlander LE Plus: $34,395 MSRP
- Toyota Highlander XLE: $37,315 MSRP
- Toyota Highlander Limited: $40,915 MSRP
Amenities for the Money
In terms of features, the Pilot offers a variety of amenities that aren’t found onboard the Highlander.
For the base-model price, the Pilot includes features like front active head restraints, which the Highlander base model does not offer. The Pilot additionally offers an available rear electronic parking aid with camera, which is another amenity not found in the base-model Highlander. The Pilot further features available fog lights and armrest storage, which the Highlander base trim does not have.
At the higher trim levels, even more features are found in the Pilot that are not offered in the Highlander, including:
- Standard parking sensors (Pilot Touring and Elite models)
- Remote vehicle starting system (Pilot EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite trims)
- Standard automatic rain-sensing windshield wipers (Pilot Elite)
Hop Aboard the Impressive Pilot
Drivers can further explore the many winning assets of the 2016 Honda Pilot at any West Michigan Honda Dealers location. Stop by any of our affiliated dealerships or contact us today to learn more about the offerings of the outstanding Pilot and to take it for a test drive.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set their own prices.