If you’re gearing up for a Michigan road trip, whether it’s to catch some of the big-city action in Detroit or to commune with nature in Huron National Forest, you need an outstanding car that is roomy, feature-loaded, and efficient. Well, Honda has just the one!
Take a look at our top 10 reasons why the 2017 Honda Fit is the perfect road-tripper. The amazing Fit serves up a host of assets—some that are fantastic money-savers, others that are surprising and convenient, and all of which will convince you that the affordable Fit is the car you’ve been searching for.
Fit for Travel
Wherever you want to go, the Honda Fit delivers surprises at every turn that will make the trip better. Here are the Fit offerings we consider to be this impressive car’s 10 best:
- Fuel Economy: Any road trip becomes expensive when you’re driving a gas guzzler. How about trying a fuel-sipper, instead? The incredible Honda Fit LX CVT achieves amazing fuel economy of an EPA-estimated 33 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway.* Your wallet will thank you!
- Cargo Space: Don’t let the word “subcompact” fool you; this versatile hatchback delivers 16.6 cubic feet of cargo volume with the rear seat upright and an impressive 52.7 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seat down. That’s enough space to carry a small sofa!
- Passenger Space: Passenger room onboard the Fit is impressive, too. The Fit’s five seats are situated in up to a whopping 95.7 cubic feet of passenger volume.
- Utility Mode: A 60/40-split 2nd-Row Magic Seat, standard for each Fit model, makes utilizing the car’s impressive roominess an absolute breeze. Various configurations let drivers adjust seating-versus-cargo space to meet their changing needs for each journey. One of these configurations, Utility Mode, lets motorists maximize the car’s cargo volume and use the full 52.7 cubic feet.
- Long Mode: Another configuration, Long Mode, allows the Fit to carry long items that wouldn’t normally fit inside a car. With the front and rear passenger-side seats folded down, you can pack along items like surfboards or skis with ease.
- Tall Mode: As its name implies, Tall Mode lets Fit drivers make way for taller cargo by removing the rear-seat headrests and folding up the rear seats. This opens up 4 feet of cargo room from the floor to the ceiling.
- Refresh Mode: For the people in the car, Refresh Mode makes kicking back or even taking a nap deliciously easy. Fold down either or both front seats and recline the backseats to create body-length relaxation space. Sleepy drivers can pull over and catch 40 winks, and tired passengers can lie back in comfort while the car is on the move.
- High-Tech Entertainment: Long trips will never be dull again thanks to the array of cutting-edge entertainment technology onboard the Fit. Enjoy standard features like Bluetooth streaming audio and USB and HDMI ports, and you can also upgrade to available features like a 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen, HondaLink, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, HD Radio, and Pandora compatibility.
- Safety Features: To ensure greater safety on the road, the Fit includes a variety of driver-assist and safety amenities to help protect passengers. Included among them are a multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines, an advanced airbag system with rollover and passenger sensors, available Honda LaneWatch, and more.
- MSRP: Another outstanding aspect of the Honda Fit is its amazingly affordable price, which is just $15,990 MSRP for the LX 6MT model.** It’s incredible but true—you can get all of these standout features for less than $20K!
What Are You Waiting for?
Head into any West Michigan Honda Dealers location today to check out the amazing 2017 Honda Fit in person and take it for a test drive. We know you’ll fall in love with this big small car and all it has to offer!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
**MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set own prices.