Pickup trucks have certainly earned a stigma when it comes to fuel efficiency—until now, that is. These days, just about any vehicle can be fine-tuned to deliver impressive gas mileage, including trucks.
In the case of a popular pickup like the 2017 Honda Ridgeline, best-in-class fuel economy isn’t just a dream; the Ridgeline truly outdoes many top competitors in the area of fuel efficiency. Keep reading to see what we mean!
Winner of the Fuel Feud
In comparing the Honda Ridgeline to other trucks in its segment, one of the many assets that stand out is the Ridgeline’s exceptional gas mileage.
Ridgeline models that are equipped with two-wheel drive deliver fuel economy numbers of an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.* The all-wheel-drive Ridgeline trims offer 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.*
In contrast, here is how some of the Ridgeline’s top truck competitors measure up in the realm of fuel efficiency:
- 2016 Chevy Colorado 4×4 (V6 engine): 17 mpg in the city, 24 mpg on the highway
- 2017 Toyota Tacoma 4×4 (V6 engine): 17-18 mpg in the city, 20-23 mpg on the highway
- 2016 Nissan Frontier 4×4: 15 mpg in the city, 21 mpg on the highway
Winner of the Feature Feud
The Ridgeline also rises to the top among its rivals when it comes to amenities.
Many incredible features can be found on the Ridgeline that are not available onboard these competitors—including some features that are world firsts in the automotive marketplace.
Among them, the Ridgeline offers:
- First-in-the-Industry Dual-Action Tailgate: The 2017 Ridgeline is the very first truck anywhere to feature a tailgate that swings two ways. The Ridgeline’s standard dual-action tailgate can be folded down vertically just like any other—and it can also swing open horizontally.
- First-in-the-Industry Truck-Bed Audio System: Another industry first is the Ridgeline’s available truck-bed audio system. Keep your music and other programming going long after you’ve exited the cab with 540 watts of prime sound quality delivered through six exciters in the truck-bed wall. You can also conveniently control the system through a Bluetooth-paired device.
- First-in-the-Industry In-Bed Trunk: Yet another first the Ridgeline delivers is its standard in-bed trunk. An impressive 7.3 cubic feet of cargo space is built right into the truck bed. This innovative trunk is lockable, includes cargo accessories, and even has a built-in drain plug so drivers can use it as an ice chest.
Other features that come standard onboard the Ridgeline but not its competitors include an anti-theft stereo, a rear stabilizer bar, towing pre-wiring, and a rear window defroster.
Take the Ridgeline for a Test Drive
Drivers can experience the game-changing 2017 Honda Ridgeline at any West Michigan Honda Dealers location. Stop by any of our affiliated dealerships or contact us today to learn more about the Ridgeline’s offerings and to take it for a test drive!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.