2020 Honda Civic Sedan Specs
The 2020 Honda Civic Sedan specs outpace its competitors even at the standard trim level, before you even begin to cater this compact sedan’s performance around your lifestyle. As The Car Connection writes: “From workaday to wild, the 2020 Civic has nearly every base covered for performance.”
2020 Honda Civic Sedan Engine Options
The 2020 Honda Civic Sedan engine options provide ample power for agile city performance or commanding highway cruising. The engine options are:
- 2.0L 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC® In-Line 4-Cylinder: Uses multi-point fuel injection to deliver up to 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque.
- 1.5L 16-Valve DOHC In-Line 4-Cylinder with Turbocharger: Uses direct fuel injection to deliver up to 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque.
The upgraded 1.5L turbo, in particular, appeals to any driver who likes an added sense of adrenaline. A Civic Sedan with the 1.5L turbo engine made a 0-to-60 mph sprint in only 6.7 seconds during Edmunds testing, a jaw-dropping time for this segment.
2020 Honda Civic Sedan MPG Ratings
The Honda Civic Sedan helps you save money at the pump thanks to its stellar MPG ratings. MPG ratings vary with your chosen transmission on the Civic Sedan. Your options and corresponding MPG ratings are:
- Continuously Variable Transmission: Standard with all trims but the Sport. Achieves 30 mpg in the city* and 38 mpg on the highway* with the 2.0L engine, or 32 mpg city* and 42 mpg highway* with the 1.5L engine
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission (6MT): Exclusive to the Sport trim. Reaches 25 mpg in the city* and 36 mpg on the highway*
Efficiency Optimizing Features
The 2020 Civic Sedan also boasts features to help it optimize its efficiency.
- Sizable Fuel Tank: A larger-than-expected 12.39 gallon tank permits you to keep your ride going, especially when paired with high mpg ratings
- Paddle Shifters: Available with the Sport CVT or standard on the Touring trim levels, Paddle Shifters allow you to exert direct control over the CVT automatic transmission system
- Eco Assist™ System: Guides you to be a smarter, more efficient driver over time by giving tips to help you save fuel
2020 Honda Civic Sedan Sport Trim
The souped-up Sport models come with a Wheel Resonator that suppresses unwanted resonance for a quiet ride no matter how hard you’re accelerating. Further, the Sport complements this vehicle’s impressive performance with more daring styling features:
Exterior styling features include:
- Center Outlet Exhaust
- Gloss Black Body-Colored Decklid Spoiler
Interior styling features include:
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
- Sport Pedals
2020 Honda Civic Sedan Performance Engineering
Thanks to a wide variety of performance engineering elements, you’ll find the Honda Civic braking firmly while delivering precise steering and handling through every twist and turn. Just a few of its standard and available performance features include:
- Solid Rear Disc Brakes
- All-Season Tires
- MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension
- Variable Ratio Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
- Front and Rear Stabilizer Bars
- Power-Assisted Ventilated Front Disc Brakes
2020 Honda Civic Sedan Active Safety Features
Each Honda Civic Sedan is also equipped with a suite of active safety features to keep you and your passengers protected. Some of the active safety features for performance safety are:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Experience the 2020 Honda Civic Specs in Person
To experience the 2020 Civic specs for yourself, visit your local West Michigan Honda dealer. Feel free to get in touch directly to find out more, arrange a test drive, or hear about the latest Honda offers.
Latest On Honda Models
Each year, Cars.com puts out a list that ranks the best American-made cars and SUVs called the American-Made IndexⓇ*. Cars.com evaluates each model based on assembly location, parts content, engine origins, transmission origins, and U.S. manufacturing workforce. Cars.com uses a 100-point scale, which groups related variants under the same nameplate and platform but will separate…
The 2021 Honda HR-V is the smallest SUV in the Honda line-up, but you would never know it due to its spacious cabin with seating for five and the amount of cargo space. The Honda HR-V gets its cargo space from the innovative folding 2nd-row seat, known as the “Magic Seat.” Compared to other subcompact…
The 2021 Honda Passport has been named one of the “Best Cars For The Money” by U.S. News & World Report*. According to U.S. News & World Report Executive Editor Jamie Page Deaton, the new Passport received this accolade because “The Passport is the perfect example of a car that balances value and quality.” She…
*Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.