Anyone who has compared 2020 Honda Fit vs 2019 Ford Fiesta can’t fail to understand what makes the Honda Fit such a revolutionary model. To see how effortlessly it outpaces the subcompact hatchback competition, read on to compare it against the Ford Fiesta on:
- Starting Prices and Value
- Power and MPG
- Interior Space and Features
Starting Prices and Value
Standard and top-tier Honda Fit trims include:
- 2020 Honda Fit LX CVT: Priced at $16,990 MSRP*
- 2020 Honda Fit EX-L CVT: Priced at $20,620 MSRP*
Standard and top-tier Ford Fiesta trims include:
- 2019 Ford Fiesta S Hatchback: Priced at $14,560 MSRP*
- 2019 Fiesta ST: Priced at $21,340 MSRP*
The Ford Fiesta does start a little lower, but it loses its value very quickly after purchase:
- ALG Residual Value % After 36 months: 51% with the Honda Fit vs. 27% with the Ford Fiesta.
- ALG Residual Value % After 60 months: 39% with the Honda Fit vs. 13% with the Ford Fiesta.
Power and MPG
Honda Fit performance thoroughly outpaces Ford Fiesta performance, and yet the Honda still offers far superior efficiency scores:
- Engine Specs: Up to 128 hp and 113 lb-ft of torque with the Honda vs. 128 and 112 with the Ford.
- EPA-Estimated City MPG: Up to 33** with the Honda vs. 27 with the Ford.
- EPA-Estimated Highway MPG: Up to 40** with the Honda vs. 35 with the Ford.
Interior Space and Features
As written by Car and Driver: “the 2020 Fit is among the most practical and versatile small cars on the market.” Don’t be surprised to see Honda Fit interior space considerably outpacing the Ford Fiesta.
- Standard Cargo Volume: Up to 16.6 cubic feet in the Fit vs. 14.9 in the Fiesta.
- Maximum Cargo Volume: Up to 52.7 cubic feet in the Fit vs. 25.4 in the Fiesta.
- Passenger Volume: Up to 95.7 cubic feet in the Fit vs. 85.1 in the Fiesta.
Match Honda Fit standard features against Ford Fiesta standard features and you’ll find only the former includes:
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Paddle Shifters
- Power Windows
- Cruise Control
- Rear 60-40 Split Folding Reclining Folding Bench Seats
2020 Honda Fit Proves Itself to be an Indomitable Subcompact Hatchback
You can find out more about anything from Honda Fit trim levels to current special offers by visiting your nearest West Michigan Honda dealer. For any further advice or assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $955.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.