Any driver seeking the industry’s leading 3-row crossover SUV will quickly find themselves comparing 2020 Honda Pilot vs. 2020 Toyota Highlander. We’ve crunched the numbers and compared Honda Pilot standard features against Toyota Highlander standard features to help you choose, so read on to match them up on:
- Starting Prices
- Power and Efficiency
- Interior Space
Honda Pilot vs. Toyota Highlander: Starting Prices
Look at the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander and you’ll find the former starting considerably lower:
- 2020 Honda Pilot LX 2WD: Priced at $31,650 MSRP*
- 2020 Toyota Highlander L FWD: Priced at $34,600 MSRP
Top of the line trim levels include:
- 2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition AWD: Priced at $49,620 MSRP*
- 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD: Priced at $48,800 MSRP
Honda Pilot vs. Toyota Highlander: Power and Efficiency
Both the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander are available with 2WD or AWD and come with a 3.5L V6 as standard for up to:
- 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque with the Honda Pilot
- 295 hp and 263 lb-ft of torque with the Toyota Highlander
Efficiency scores include:
- Up to an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway** with the 2020 Honda Pilot LX 2WD
- Up to an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway with the 2020 Toyota Highlander L FWD
Honda Pilot vs. Toyota Highlander: Interior Space
As noted by Edmunds: “The Honda Pilot does comfort better than many in the segment.” As such, you’ll find the Honda Pilot interior offering considerably more passenger space than the Toyota Highlander while keeping cargo space roughly even.
- Passenger Volume: Up to 152.9 cubic feet in the Honda Pilot vs 141.3 in the Toyota Highlander.
- Maximum Cargo Volume: Up to 83.9 cubic feet in the Honda Pilot vs. 84.3 in the Toyota Highlander.
2020 Honda Pilot Manages to Dominate the 2020 Toyota Highlander
The team at your local West Michigan Honda dealer will be happy to talk through 2020 Honda Pilot trim levels and introduce you to our latest special offers. For any further advice or assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,120.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.