Best Car for City Driving
If you’re seeking the best car for city driving, you’ll find nothing holds a candle to the inimitable Honda Fit. US News and World Report has it ranked first among Subcompact Cars, Small Cars, and Hatchbacks, and it offers everything from superior efficiency to more interior space than erstwhile rivals from Toyota, Ford, and Nissan.
Read on to see how the Honda Fit sets new standards for:
- MPG Ratings
- Engine Specs
- Cargo and Passenger Space
Best Hatchback MPG
City driving can be frustrating enough without constantly pulling over for gas. The Honda’s exceptional efficiency ensures that won’t be a worry regardless of where you take it.
- 2019 Honda Fit LX CVT: Up to an EPA-estimated 33 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway*.
- 2018 Toyota Yaris L 5-Door 4AT: Up to an EPA-estimated 30 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.
- 2018 Ford Fiesta S Hatchback: Up to an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.
- 2019 Nissan Versa Note S: Up to an EPA-estimated 31 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.
Best Hatchback Engine Specs
It would be easy to assume high mpg ratings mean losing out when it comes to performance, but the Honda Fit takes off from stop signs and navigates changing city traffic like no other subcompact on the road.
- 2019 Honda Fit LX CVT: Makes up to 128 hp and 113 lb-ft of torque.
- 2018 Toyota Yaris L 5-Door 4AT: Makes up to 106 hp and 103 lb-ft of torque.
- 2018 Ford Fiesta S Hatchback: Makes up to 120 hp and 112 lb-ft of torque.
- 2019 Nissan Versa Note S: Makes up to 109 hp and 107 lb-ft of torque.
Best Hatchback Space
|2019 Honda Fit LX CVT||2018 Toyota Yaris L 5-Door 4AT||2018 Ford Fiesta S Hatchback||2019 Nissan Versa Note S|
|Standard Cargo Space||16.6 cubic feet||15.6 cubic feet||14.9 cubic feet||18.8 cubic feet|
|Maximum Cargo Space||52.7 cubic feet||N/A||25.4 cubic feet||38.3 cubic feet|
|Passenger Space||95.7 cubic feet||85.1 cubic feet||85.1 cubic feet||94.1 cubic feet|
The Honda Fit proves a city cruiser can deliver generous dimensions for passengers and their cargo without creating a footprint too large for covering narrow streets or parking in crowded lots.
Expect More from Your City-Based Car by Driving a 2019 Honda Fit
The team at Honda has revolutionized the subcompact segment, and you can find all Honda Fit trims at your local West Michigan showroom. To explore current specials, arrange a test drive, or find out more, simply contact us today.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.