The 2018 Honda Civic Sedan Safety
Advanced Compatibility Engineering Body Structure
The Civic Sedan has safety built right into its structure with Honda’s exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure. This smart design works to keep everybody safe in the event of a collision.
- Absorbs and distributes crash energy away from the occupants inside
- Disperses energy transferred from the other vehicle involved
Airbags and Locks
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Child-Proof Rear Door Locks
- 3-Point Seat Belts at All Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat Belt Reminder
Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
A multi-angle rearview camera is standard on every model of the Civic Sedan and allows drivers to check the surroundings of the Civic Sedan before backing out. And with guidelines as standard, drivers can maneuver in and out of tight spaces much more easily. The camera includes three different viewing angles:
- Normal View
- Wide View
- Top-Down View
Available on the first four models and standard on the Touring model is the Honda Sensing package of driver-assistance technology. Helping drivers stay informed and aware, it includes the following systems:
- Forward Collision Warning – Sensors can detect when the Civic Sedan is dangerously approaching an oncoming vehicle or other object and warns the driver to take action.
- Lane Departure Warning – When the Civic Sedan begins to sway outside of their lane on the highway, this system can alert them to correct the steering.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – If the Forward Collision Warning goes unheeded, this system can engage the brakes in order to mitigate any impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If the Civic Sedan rolls over lane lines or road markings, this system can employ the brakes and steering in order to keep the Civic Sedan from going off the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – If the Civic Sedan sways out of its lane on the highway without a signal change, this system can nudge the steering to bring it back to the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow – Drivers select a desired speed and distance interval with the vehicle ahead, and this system balances between them and adapts to changes in traffic flow without any extra input from the driver.
Standard on the EX, EX-T, EX-L, and Touring models Honda LaneWatch utilizes a small camera mounted to the front passenger’s side mirror and displays a live video feed of activity going on in the driver’s blind spot when a right lane change is signaled.
Hands-free technology from the entry-level LX to the Touring allows drivers to access their devices and stay safely connected when behind the wheel.
Bluetooth Streaming Audio
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Integration
SMS Text Message Function
Test Drive Today
Find out more information on the 2018 Honda Civic Sedan by contacting us or visiting your nearest West Michigan Honda Dealer. Explore current offers and financing options, and then get behind the wheel for a test drive today.