Engine power is a significant consideration when shopping for a new vehicle. If you’re in the market for a compact SUV—and who isn’t these days?—a prime choice is found in the 2016 Honda CR-V. Horsepower generated in the CR-V hugely defeats the 2016 Hyundai Tucson’s horsepower, which is one of the CR-V’s chief competitors.
Roaring beneath the hood of the Honda CR-V is a 2.4L, direct-injection in-line 4-cylinder engine that generates an impressive 185 hp.
By comparison, the Hyundai Tucson’s 2.0L GDI DOHC 4-cylinder engine produces only 175 hp, and the Tucson’s Turbo GDI DOHC 4-cylinder engine generates just 175 hp.
The impressive CR-V offers various attributes to facilitate its top-notch performance, including:
- Direct fuel injection
- Drive-by-Wire throttle system
- Continuously variable transmission with Sport Mode
- Eco Assist
- Available real-time AWD with Intelligent Control System
Impressive fuel economy accompanies the CR-V’s mighty horsepower, with the CR-V 2WD models achieving an EPA-estimated 26 city mpg, 33 highway mpg, and a combined 29 mpg* and the CR-V AWD models offering an EPA-estimated 25 city mpg, 31 highway mpg, and a combined 27 mpg.*
It Gets Even Better
The all-around excellence of the Honda CR-V is bolstered by its impeccable amenities, including superb safety offerings.
Protection-enhancing, cutting-edge safety features in the CR-V include:
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-lock braking system
- Electronic brake distribution
- Brake assist
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Available Collision Mitigating Braking System
- Available Forward Collision Warning
- Available Lane Departure Warning
- ACE body structure
- Advanced airbag system
- Three-point seatbelts at all seating positions
- Front three-point seatbelts with automatic tensioning system
- Lower anchors and tethers for children (LATCH)
- Driver and front passenger seatbelt reminders
- Child-proof rear door locks
- Daytime running lights
- Available Honda LaneWatch
- Available Lane Keeping Assist system
- Available adaptive cruise control
Drivers can experience exceptional horsepower and a broad array of state-of-the-art amenities in the 2016 Honda CR-V. Find out why this vehicle has become such a popular model among consumers by testing it out yourself.
Visit a friendly, expert team member at any one of our West Michigan Honda Dealers family of dealerships and we’ll set you up on a test drive of the impressive Honda CR-V.
We look forward to seeing you!
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
West Michigan Honda Dealers includes Battle Creek Honda, Betten Honda, Crown Honda, Fox Honda, River Town Honda, and Zeigler Honda.