We spend quite a bit of time discussing the amenities and fuel economies of the entry-level 2015 Accord LX, but we think it’s time we give a little more attention to one of the most (potentially) powerful, luxurious, and comfortable mid-size sedans on the road: the 2015 Honda Accord EX-L. If you’re shopping for the coupe, the EX-L is one of the top trims, and if you’re looking at the Accord Sedan, it’s no less impressive despite the new Touring trim at the top of the line.
Let’s see what the EX-L can do for you.
To V6 or Not to V6?
One of the main reasons drivers tell us that they’re eyeing the EX-L trim level is because of its available V6 engine. Here’s a quick breakdown of the differences between it and the normal four-cylinder powertrain:
- The 2015 Accord EX-L Sedan with CVT has a 2.4L four-cylinder engine with 185-hp, 181 lb-ft of torque, and an EPA-estimated 36 highway and 27 city mpg rating.*
- Upgrading to the 2015 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan drops a 3.5L V6 under the hood (paired to a six-speed automatic transmission) that is rated at 278 hp, 252 lb-ft of torque, and an EPA-estimated 34 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg in the city.*
There’s not a wrong choice there, just the one that’s right for you, but you won’t find this choice on any other trim of the Accord—lower trims only have the four-cylinder and the Touring only features the V6.
Amenities Make the Difference
The big thing that sets the Accord apart from competing models like the Camry or the Fusion is that Honda’s sedan gives drivers some of the best standard features in the auto world. The Accord also comes with some truly impressive upgrades when you move up to the EX-L trim, including:
- Leather-trimmed interior
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Heated front seating
- Forward collision and lane departure warnings
- Available navigation upgrade
- One-touch power moonroof
- 360-watt stereo system
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
See the 2015 Accord EX-L Today
Whether you spring for the 2015 Honda Accord EX-L or EX-L V6, we think you’ll have quite the impressive sedan on your hands. Stop by a West Michigan Honda Dealer today to see one in person.